Re: [aroid-l] Amorph saururus (and other) spares?

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Amorph saururus (and other) spares?
  • From: Steve Marak samarak@gizmoworks.com
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:40:24 -0600 (CST)

Danny, Reggie, remind me to go look through the greenhouse in a few weeks
... I'm snowed under (figuratively, and - if predictions are right -
literally by tomorrow night) at the moment. But this is one of the few
plants that I seem to be able to propagate without really trying, and if I
recall correctly I have some extras out there somewhere. (At one point I
had 25 or so of them; looked great growing en masse.)

While on the topic of extras ...

I owe some other aroiders plants (Hi, M.J.) which are actually ready to
go, but between the snowed-under part and the weather, I'm not going to
try to mail anything for a while.

I have a number of extras of some other things, some aroid some not, which
I dug and/or propagated earlier in the year and wound up not needing. I
know I have some extra Dracunculus vulgaris -a few (5? 7?) flowering size,
many (50? 75?) more small ones. Also 40-odd Lycoris squamigera, and some
small to medium Typhonium giganteums. Interested parties please reply
offline (i.e., don't just hit reply, please, or your note will go to
Aroid-L rather than me), and I'll file them away for when it warms up
enough to mail.

Steve

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, danny wilson wrote:

> Hehe, i hear that Reggie!
>
> >From: Regferns@aol.com
> >Subject: Re: [aroid-l] pics for Thurs.
> >Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:03:36 EST
> >
> >In a message dated 12/11/03 2:24:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> >alan_galloway@ncsu.edu writes:
> >
> > > http://www4.ncsu.edu/~alan/plants/aroids/amorphophallus/saururus/
> >
> >Alan,
> >
> >What do I have to do to get one of these ;-0
> >
> >Reggie

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@gizmoworks.com