[Aroid-l] Anthurium Magnificum X warocqueanum

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Anthurium Magnificum X warocqueanum
  • From: Brian Williams pugturd@alltel.net
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 11:51:12 -0500

Well sense I am here in KY. I find that my winters are very boring. But I have found away to pass the time. When I am not playing paintball in the one foot of snow that is outside. I am in the greenhouse trying to breed new plants. So recently when both the Magnificum and Warocqueanum were blooming I put pollen on the magnificum and it seems this cross took for me. I was wondering if it has been done before and possible if anyone knows the results? I pollinated over 4 flowers with the Warocqueanum pollen and have now over 250 seeds and still around 200 more to collect as they rippen. The first seeds are starting to produce the first leaves. Hopefully this will produce a very large velvet leaf monster that can possible grow in floridas heat. Though it does not do me a lot of good here in KY lol. Well I will post pics as they come along. Merry christmans and happy new years to all my aroid friends.