RE: [Aroid-l] It's not Julius but...

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] It's not Julius but...
  • From: "Alistair Hay" <ajmhay@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 15:17:41 +1100

That certainly was a very fine glasshouse specimen, but it was completely dwarfed by one at Bogor Botanic Garden growing in a small pond which was, as I observed there early one morning some years ago, used as a latrine by people on their way to work!! The same pond, if I remember correctly, where the until recently only known Lasia concinna plant had survived on that wholesome diet :-)