Re: [Aroid-l] Nepthytis

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Nepthytis
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:53:06 +0000

From : 	<GeoffAroid@aol.com>
Sent : 	Tuesday, December 12, 2006 6:57 PM
To : 	aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject : 	Re: [Aroid-l] Nepthytis

Dear Geoff,

Nice 'hearing' your voice.
The genus must occur in nature as an understory/VERY low light plant seeing that it does so well in your living room in London! What would you say the temps. are during a 24 hr. period in that same room? There are several more species, some minatures that I USED to have that are to me VERY beautiful plants, at least one was available at a past IAS show.

The Best,

Julius

Jani,
I have grown Nephthytis afzelii for a number of years and find it very tough and adaptable. It grows very well as an ordinary house plant and I have a large specimen about 3ft tall which lives in my living room in front of north facing windows and is always in berry.

Regards,
Geoffrey Kibby
London, UK