Re: [Aroid-l] More info.-'New' commercial aroids in pots

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] More info.-'New' commercial aroids in pots
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:06:44 +0000

From : 	<abri1973@wp.pl>
Sent : 	Monday, December 18, 2006 11:44 PM
To : 	"Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Subject : 	Re: [Aroid-l] 'New' commercial aroids in pots

Dear Friends,

I managed to get some more info. on the other potted, vineing aroid I mentioned, I even have a small cutting which I will grow. I am told that it is brand new, not on the actual market as yet, is being produced by "Craft Nurserys", is being called "Pothos "splash", I hear that they will introduce it to the next big TPIE show in Ft. Laud. . I have the small cutting in front of me, a leaf (all leaves are about the same size at this stage in a FULL pot) is 6" X 4", and is a deeper, darker green as a basic color, with large areas or splashes of a silver-grey color, a really beautiful plant, the markings are much more 'random' than on the R. cryptantha, and the petioles though short (2 1/2") are visible and not a shingle-type plant, no pulverinus like in the common yellow-and-green "Pothis', and with a leaf sheath almost from the base to where the blade begins. Of course, being in tissue culture, EVERYONE will soon have it.. The texture is thick, almost like soft leather. I wonder what genus it belongs in??

Rhaphidophora cryptantha looks very similar to Piper ornatum.
David Scerberich has a photo in his page

Aroid-l mailing list