Re: Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia or other genus ID

  • Subject: Re: Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia or other genus ID
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <botanist@malesiana.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 06:20:58 +0800

This is Colocasia gigantea; while most folks know it as a medium to large plant, in the wild it can get very large indeed, rivalling Alocasia robusta. Note the distinctive waxy white petioles and rather pale leaves and, just visible, the fans of sequentially produced inflorescences.

----- Original Message ----- From: <StroWi@t-online.de>