Two Anthurium in need of ID - redux

  • Subject: Two Anthurium in need of ID - redux
  • From: LariAnn <AROIDIAN@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:09:00 -0500

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help so far!

Anthurium #1 definitely has "D" shaped petioles.  The ID of A. cerrobaulense seems closest to a match for my plant.

Anthurium #2, however, doesn't seem to match A. longipeltatum although some characteristics do match.  The infructescence is not pendent, but remains upright.  There is a large swollen geniculum between blade and petiole.  The leaf blades are quite stiff, like stiff non-corrugated cardboard, or like the leaves of Clusia, especially when grown under poor conditions (which mine was before I obtained it).

Any other suggestions?

LariAnn
Aroidia Research