Re: Relocation Amorphophallus collection Wageningen

  • Subject: Re: Relocation Amorphophallus collection Wageningen
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 11:27:23 -0600

Dear Wilbert:

	We all feel deeply sorry about this situation, especially for
you and your family but also that it will leave a void in your
scientific program.  It is wonderful that Hamburg has the space to deal
with such a large and valuable collection and hopefully the expertise to
keep it healthy.  I know that some of these tuberous groups require very
special attention and recall how quickly our own collection of
Dracontium died off without Guanghua Zhu's loving attention.  Please let
me know as soon as you have a new roll