How to hurry up Amo haematospadix?

  • Subject: How to hurry up Amo haematospadix?
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 01:47:50 +0100

I have a tuber of Amorphophallus haematospadix which is dormant since the autumn of 2007.
In 2008 and 2009 it didn't put any leaf.
This autumn it showed only two buds (maybe the top of the tuber had been damaged?)
The tuber is 4.5 cm in diameter, and it is healthy.
I store it as all my other Amo's in a pot with dry peat, in temperature about 22C/66F
once a fewteen days I pour a few drops of water, but it still doesn't wake up.
Can anyone tell me what might cause so long dormancy?
What I'm doing wrong, maybe this species needs to be treated differently?
In previous years it always produced one leaf in summer.
I append photos how it looks now.

Aroid-L mailing list