December Newsletter went out last week

  • Subject: December Newsletter went out last week
  • From: Albert Huntington <balberth@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:50:23 -0800 (PST)

  Just wanted to let you know that as of last week, we've sent out the December newsletter to all IAS Members.

  It includes, among other things, a very nice article with lots of pictures from Taylor Holzer on his collection, as well as a similarly adorned article from Steve Lucas, a report from the MidAmerica meeting by Zach DuFran and a short note from Greg Ruckert in Australia.

  Many thanks to all the authors, and to Carla Kostelac, who volunteers her increasingly scarce time to put it all together!

  As Zach noted earlier, there is a membership renewal reminder included with each and every newsletter mailing ( unless you've already renewed for 2011 ).  IAS membership is on a calendar year basis, which means everyone's dues are officially due at this time.

  Since I have received some inquiries, I should note that the dues coming due does not mean that we'll be purging our membership list immediately ... in particular, members access to the website and newsletter will not be immediately cut off on January 1st.  We generally deal with the membership list and purges closer to the mailing of Aroideana in the late summer.

  In any case, if you intend to renew your membership for 2011, I encourage you to do so now.  It makes things much simpler, and means you will receive your newsletters and journal without complication or delay in the coming year.

  If you are a paid-up member and have not received the December newsletter, please let me know privately off-list and I will get things sorted.

All the best,
Aroid-L mailing list