Re: Telos Rare Bulbs

  • Subject: Re: Telos Rare Bulbs
  • From: DAVID LEEDY <djleedy@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 04:18:19 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone have other sources for arums, arisaemas, biarums, and other aroids hardy in zone 8a and below?

I am attempting to grow aroids outside in containers here in North Texas.

The morning after this season's first hard freeze (low of 20 degrees F), I noticed that the leaves on my arum italicum were flacid showing the resultsof the cold weather, but by afternoon, in balmy 40 degree F. weather, they had recovered.  The next night I covered them with a grocery bag and they then showed no effect from the cold night.