Vines and the Coriolis Effect

While not wishing to extend this rather non-aroid thread too far, I'd
like to add my .02 worth.

We should already suspect there would be no effect on vining plants
since those of who grow wisteria know that of the 2 most commonly seen
species, W. sinensis twines from left to right, while W. florabunda
twines from right to left.

I'm not sure that I would trust the "drain effect" on determining
whether you reside in the Northern or Southern Hemisphere (assuming you
don't already know!).  The Coriolis Forces are too weak to reliably work
in such a small venue (At least this is what all of my physics teachers
told me.).

Finally, for a more humorous look at differing vining habits, I would
refer you to one of the old songs of British humorists, Michael Flanders
and Donald Swann called "The Honeysuckle and the Bindweed", regarding an
ill-fated love affair between the right-handed honeysuckle and the
left-handed bindweed
--
Don Martinson
dmartin@cdmas.crc.fmlh.edu

"Existing order thrives upon ignorance and lies.
Objective truth and individual reason are feared above all."
- Jimmy Johnson, "Arlo & Janis"