Re: Colocasia & Alocasia winter storage temp

In message <Pine.A32.3.91.981207220729.69012A-100000@mobot.mobot.org>,
Lester Kallus <lkallus@earthlink.net> writes
>The frost is about to hit us here in Long Island.  We're delighted that
>it's a month late (although I'm upset that it's coming at all).  I've now
>dug up all the Alocasia & Colocasia tubers and have them drying in the
>I've learned that the best storage temperature for caladiums is room
>temperature (and so did quite well last year).  What would be the best
>storage temperature for the Alocasia & Colocasia tubers?  If it would be
>better at 50-60 degrees, then I'll have to move them to a friend's home.
>     Les

I am fascinated to know if when you say "dig up" the tubers of Alocasia
and Colocasia, does this mean you grow them out of doors in summer in
New York ? Would it be possible to do this here in the U.K. with say
Alocasia macrorrhiza ?? would love to do so !

David Thornton