Re: advice on a monsterous houseplant

>> Did somebody say SNAKE PLANT? The Sansevieria, to which I have pledged my
>> life? and perceives it to be a plant of little character? aye, there will
>> be a keel hauling tonight, i fear.
>>
>> hermine
>
>Oops!  Sorry, Hermine.  In fact I love Sansevieria as well as Aspidistra.
What
>would my apartment be without them??
>
>William

The ASPIDISTRA! so many variegated forms! and they ask for so little!
(sobbing now)! but yes, they are not aroids, this is true. I do not know as
I would have the STRENGTH to deal with picky aroids if i could not fall
back on my durable Sansevierias and variegated Aspidistras! Especially
since we were lulled foolishly by a balmy early winter, only to feel the
Winter of my Discontent land in the unheated greenhouse. this is the sound
of me pulling out my hair, put your head up close to the monitor, as I must
use tweezers. We did not get our heating system turned on or...it lacks a
necessary organ. something. i am in mild to horrid despair.

hermine