Re: native North American aroids

Judy writes:
Could anyone help?
I need a list of any native North American aroids.
Thanks,
Judy Bauer
8440 Huckleberry Trail
Concord NC 28027
US plant zone 7

So far Judy, of the temperate non-aquatic aroids, I know of Arisaema triphyllum
(in several varieties), stewardsonii (which I have grown and bloomed, and
appears very different from triphyllum) and draconteum. The skunk cabbages,
Lyso-something or other, have at least one eastern and one pacific northwestern
member. This is what all I know of right now and hope that other members of our
organization can add to our knowledge.
Bonaventure W. Magrys
16 General Karge Court
Elizabeth, NJ 07202-2504