Re: Chen Yi's Amorphophallus species & offset news

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Chen Yi's Amorphophallus species & offset news
  • From: "Bonaventure W Magrys" <magrysbo@shu.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 17:56:58 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,
I've got A101&102. Dormant now but to be safe I'm storing them dry at room temp.
Some Paris (sorry, not aroids) from her were coming in leaf and so are potted up
in a cool basement.

Arisaema flavum CC1292 from Reflective Gardens Nursery has main horse
chestnut-sized bulb and has produced 2 1cm offsets. The seeds of this self
pollination of which I have distributed have only now produced 2 seedlings out
of several dozen.
A. consanguineum DJHC 009 Heronswood has similar main bulb with 7 pea to acorn
sized offsets!!
Bonaventure
Elizabeth, NJ
USDA zone 6