Mineral and carbohydrate content of Amorphophallus

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Mineral and carbohydrate content of Amorphophallus
  • From: StroWi@t-online.de (StroWi)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:49:18 -0600 (CST)

Dear all,

recently there was an discussion on mineral nutrition and heavy feeding that
leads to rapid tuber growth etc (and, as we all learned, to an overweight Lord
P.!;) ).

I wonder if there is information available on the mineral content of any Amorphs
(whole plant, leaf, tuber etc.). This should give some indication on the balance
of minerals in a potential fertilizer. I think asking for uptake rates of N, P,
K might be a little too much, or maybe not?

Additonally I would be interested on the carbohydrate content and composition of
Amorph tubers.

Any comment wellcome!

Thanks and Cheers,