Junk Mail on the List

Aroiders,

As you know this is a moderated list. Moderated it may be, but when the
moderator is distracted errors can happen, and that is what happened this
afternoon. The message a couple of you have since written about slipped
through my fingers (literally) and made it to the list. You have my apology
for allowing this event to take place.

The frequency of junk mail has increased markedly in recent months. The
purveyers of this kind of trash are aiming for the mail lists because of
their wide coverage and the reasonably valid mail lists they use. For those
of you who have questioned in the past why the list is moderated, you have
just witnessed one of several reasons.

Back to Aroids... please.

For those of you in the colder climates, the warm weather is not that far
away. And with it will come new growth. I am in the middle of repotting
Amorphophallus tubers at the moment and am seeing tubers showing signs of
growth already, and its not even March. On the opposite side of this story
are my A. titanums that have all gone dormant since our severe cold spell
in January. Hopefully there are still tubers in those containers!

Don Burns
Fort Lauderdale FL    USA
Zone 10b