Re: Junk Mail on the List-*To Don*

Dear Don,

I hope your luck is better than mine.....(regarding your comment of "I hope there are tubers in those pots"....I had my largest titanum out (and dormant) through the winter (which as you know was terrible here in Florida).  I never thought too much about it since the plant was dormant......

The other day, just for the heck of it, I figured I would dig in to see what was going on.....well to make a long story short,,,,the tuber which was about 16 pounds last year is currently about 6 ounces.....rot was falling off in piles, and I am exceptionally doubtful that the little "shavings" that I was able to save will live...... hopefully yours didnt suffer the same fate.

Maybe you should take a look.......or maybe not..... :)

Marc

For those of you in the colder climates, the warm weather is not that far
away. And with it will come new growth. I am in the middle of repotting
Amorphophallus tubers at the moment and am seeing tubers showing signs of
growth already, and its not even March. On the opposite side of this story
are my A. titanums that have all gone dormant since our severe cold spell
in January. Hopefully there are still tubers in those containers!

Don Burns
Fort Lauderdale FL    USA
Zone 10b