Re: dracunculus vulgaris

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: dracunculus vulgaris
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:49:05 -0600 (CST)

-----Original Message-----
From: FLYGLASAIR@aol.com <FLYGLASAIR@aol.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 12:30 AM
Subject: dracunculus vulgaris

I don`t grow Dracunclus, but I was gived a pea-sized bulbil of wild-collected Helicodiceros, a related Aroid from the same region, and with little hope of it`s survival I potted it up.    It has THRIVED for me during the cooler months for the last two years, and when it goes dormant in late spring-early summer I just put it in its pot in a dry area of my Florida room, and it stays alive till the cool 'winter', emerging in around mid-Jan. when watered and put out on the bench.    It has not bloomed as yet, but the beautiful, twisted and divided leaves are worth the wait. Hope this helps.
Julius
WPB,  Florida.
>>Can dracunculus be grown in the heat and humidity of south Fla. zone 10 . If
anyone down here has one what conditions are you growing it in. Jim Reed
FLYGLASAIR@aol.com