Re: Plants The sixth sense

  • Subject: Re: Plants The sixth sense
  • From: Durightmm@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:04:01 -0600 (CST)

These scientific explanations make sense to scientist but not always to non scientist.  For example we seem to be losing sight of the topic  "sense"  Writers want to know "How" an organism "knows" it's surroundings.  How does the vine know. it's peers are being eaten.   How does the crab know to design it's nodules to discourage harvesting.  How  did Amorphos morph their flowers to attract  sprecific beetle to pollinate each species.  Isn't it wonderful that we have yet to unravel mysteries. and have additional topics for aroidl    Joe