RE: Plants The sixth sense

  • Subject: RE: Plants The sixth sense
  • From: "Harry Witmore" <harrywitmore@witmore.net>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 13:00:39 -0600 (CST)

Adam said:
Very true!!!!  We can only make "educated" guesses based on what little
evidence we have, and what seems remotely plausable, assuming the
evidence is being analyzed correctly.

I believe that understanding the fossil record is like taking 10,000 grains
of sand from a beach and then try to theorize what they all look like. If
you happened to sample a spot that had of black sand you might believe that
black sand dominated the entire beach.
I think many people forget that all this is an educated guess and may in
fact be completely wrong. I think all life adapts to conditions by a game of
chance called natural selection. It works good for me but doesn't mean I
think it's correct either.

Harry Witmore
Cloud Jungle Art
www.witmore.net <http://www.witmore.net>