Re: nematodes

Ron, unless this is a very strange member of the genus, these nematodes are
not interested in plant tissue. There is a close relative  under test in
Europe against slugs and snails, and again, this one is no threat to plants.

If the ants that are bothering you are the little fire ant - Wasmannia (the
one that is very tiny but easily seen in quantity as little moving russet
patches between stored pots or under tree bark [or almost anywhere else in
my garden where they drop off trees onto me while I work]) - the nematode
probably won't help much since they are probably a passive soil inhabiting
type that latches onto a passing prey but does not go hunting them down.

If you have the imported or the native fire ant, these might help, although
I don't remember hearing about them for this purpose. Fire ants, by the way
will slaughter your plants if the mood takes them. I'm not sure how they are
with monocots, but they strip the bark and conducting tissue right off
dicots when they once start in on them.  If you use the nematode, please
keep us (me) posted. Derek