Re: [aroid-l] Rapateaceae

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Rapateaceae
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 10:42:46 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <Piabinha@aol.com>
To: <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 8:30 PM
Subject: [aroid-l] Rapateaceae

Hi Tsuh Yang,

During our trip to Fr. Guyana a couple years ago, we saw and collected what
we understood to be the two known species in this genus, they both grew like
an aquatic in shallow pools of swampy water, both had very delicate yellow
blooms, and there should be some phoros around of both.   One was
particularly attractive, it grew in a fan-like shape much like a minature
traveller`s 'palm' with mottled petioles, the other was clump-like and could
have been misidentified as a grass or narrow-leaf Bromeliad sp..    To the
best on my knowledge they did not survive cultivation.

Julius Boos

does anyone know if any Rapateaceae are in cultivation?

tsuh yang