Re: [aroid-l] markers

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] markers
  • From: Rand Nicholson writserv@nbnet.nb.ca
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 22:09:15 -0400

Hi Susan:

I use a Sharpie. This does not sound very helpful, does it?

The difference may be that they are fine point permanent cloth markers that can be found anywhere sewing materials or art supplies are sold. This is used on very cheap white plastic labels and I find that the labels usually disintegrate (about four years if a squirrel doesn't make off with them first), or become too brittle to be useful, before the writing fades.

Rand

Very eloquent, Rand!
Just for my info, what sort of marker do you use?  Two years ago I used a
Sharpie "permanent marker" which faded to illegible in two months.  Last
year I used pencil, which was OK but I didn't have much confidence in it on
a permanent basis.
Susan