Re: [aroid-l] Ebay titanum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Ebay titanum
  • From: "Michael Marcotrigiano" <mmarcotr@email.smith.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 14:36:05 -0500

You did the right thing since the buyer may find out too late and give
the seller a bad rating. So if you like the seller you did the right
thing. I don't think there is a way of stopping the seller from doing
anything. The worse thing they get is a bad ebay rating. If they don't
change the name, it is buyer beware isn't it. Ebay is not your most
reliable source of plant experts. I actually did what you did with
someone else selling variegated African violets as "chimeras" which they
are not and got the most abusive email back I have ever read, so be
prepared.

_______________________________

Michael Marcotrigiano, Ph.D
Smith College
Lyman Conservatory, 15 College Lane
Northampton, MA 01063
email: mmarcotr@smith.edu
voice: 413-585-2741; fax: 413-585-2744
www.smith.edu/garden
www.science.smith.edu/~mmarcotr
"Art is the unceasing effort to compete with
     the beauty of flowers and never succeeding."
          Marc Chagall

>>> SLBryant@scj.com 02/04/04 01:16PM >>>
There is an Amorphophallus titanum for sale on ebay-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2377058533&category=42207

&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

It sure looks like a konjac to me.  I contacted the seller but no
reply....
am I off-base??

Susan