Re: [aroid-l] site

Howdy All,

Gee they DO have creative pics don't they!!??  Wilbert.... the kid with the
gun worries me a tad as well <grin>.  Also the guy jumping in the air next
to the bulbifer (with the sauromatum leaf) while in the background it
appears to be a warzone with a guy crouching and shooting down the
street!!??  Wierd choice to say the least!!

In the Voodoo Lilies section under snake there is a picture of a couple of
guys standing amongst the (badly superimposed) leaves??  They trying to
attract lady purchasers or something?  Seems an odd picture to be in there.
 Also the caption that says "Snakes cool off under dense tropical leaves"
gave me a laugh..... I wonder how the guys feel being labelled as snakes!!??

They certainly do have some interesting stuff though.  If they were
reputable and true to actual naming etc they would be a wonderful place to
deal with as they have a wonderful range.  I have heard warnings myself
about these guys a few times, on quite a few different lists, so the horror
stories aren't that uncommon by the sound of it.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman
mailto:ptyerman@ozemail.com.au

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Cyclamen, Crocus,
Cyrtanthus, Oxalis, Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about
anything else that doesn't move!!!!!