RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron seed from S. Amer.

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Philodendron seed from S. Amer.
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:12:26 +0000

Dear All,

I`d just like to enquire as to what sucess was had the folks who ordered seed of the different Philodendron seed from S. America some time ago, especially if the resulting plants turned out to be or even look like the species they were advertised to be???? The reason I ask is that one friend so very kindly sent three seedlings of what were sold to her as being P. saxicolum, these have now grown large enough to see that they are something else BESIDES P. saxicolum, probably what we would call P. 'selloum' or one of its close relations. For legal concerns I am not using the name of the Company from which they were ordered, but I`d like to hear comments on your seedlings. Recently I had spoken w/ a member who ordered seed from this same Company MANY years ago, he told me his yard had beautiful specimens of what appeared to be a BUNCH of P. 'selloum', no other species of Philo. could be discovered amongst the plants grown from many 'advertised' species.
Drop a line to the L.
Good Growing,

Aroid-l mailing list