RE: [Aroid-l] Asian epiphytes

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Asian epiphytes
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 19:12:30 -0600

Dear Michael:
  As I recall from my paper on the life forms of Araceae (Published in Aroideana) Remusatia is the only one in Asia and it is not even regularly epiphytic.  Sometime you find genera which are not regularly epiphytic acting like epiphytes when they germinate in a deposit of soil on a tree. I once found a Spathiphyllum growing happily on a fallen tree.