RE: [Aroid-l] warm pots/water for aquatic aroids

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] warm pots/water for aquatic aroids
  • From: "Enid" <enigo@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:48:31 -0500

Hi All.
It works great as Julius described. I actually found that the aquatics (Cyrtospermas, Urospathas, Lasiamorpha) do better in this set up than they do for me the whole rest of the year when it is warm enough and they are not in heated, circulated water. Circulated water is VERY important otherwise they just rot.
They are just under shadecloth, no heat or cover other than the water, and they have gotten down to the high 30's in this set up before with no ill effects.
We didn't set it up this year since it has been so warm, and the plants really show the difference. The plants are all in great shape considering it is early spring, but I certainly haven't gotten the 2 ft of growth I normally get in the winter without the heated water.
Natural Selections Exotics
Aroid-l mailing list