Re: Does this Anthurium look familiar?

  • Subject: Re: Does this Anthurium look familiar?
  • From: "Tom Croat" <Thomas.Croat@mobot.org>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 16:45:17 -0600

Title: Message
Dear Dennis:

    In my opinion this plant called A. rzedowskii does not resemble the rare Mexicana species of that name.  They look more like A. jurianaum (as suggested by Marcus Nadruz), a conspicuously peltate species from Brazil.  But of course it is not peltate.  Perhaps it is from Brazil and perhaps a sect. Urospadix.  I hope so because it does not appear to be an Andean species.

Tom