Correct name for Philodendron 'pincushion'

  • Subject: Correct name for Philodendron 'pincushion'
  • From: Zach DuFran <zdufran@wdtinc.com>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 16:18:34 -0600

I recently purchased a plant labeled Philodendron ‘pincushion.’  I can’t seem to find this name listed in any of the reliable Aroid databases. The plant is very small, with leaves measuring 1-2 cm in length.  Stems are red and leaves are a dark green.  Does anyone know the correct botanical name for this plant?

Here is a good general picture of the plant: http://i4.ebayimg.com/05/i/001/2a/4a/24e1_1.JPG

And here’s a lousy one of my ailing specimen: http://flickr.com/photos/zdufran/3218641930/

Thanks-

Zach DuFran