{Disarmed} Clever wording in their newsletter...

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Clever wording in their newsletter...
  • From: Susan B <honeybunny442@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 08:00:00 -0800 (PST)

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: "Milaeger's, Inc." <mailing@milaegers.com>
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 11:16:20 AM
Subject: Voodoo Lilies bloom at Milaeger's! Strange but true!

Voodoo Lilies
bloom at

You have probably seen news stories in recent years that featured a giant, sensational Voodoo Lily in bloom. The plant is particularly noted for its enormous flower and its horrific odor. We now have a small number of these magnificent, bizarre plants that are in bloom or are almost ready to bloom. Stop in to see (and smell) them at our Douglas Avenue store.
The Voodoo Lily (Amorphophallus konjac) is a Japanese plant that grows from a bulb. Our plants vary in size. Right now the largest one has a bulb about the size of a large cabbage. The plant is dormant much of the year. When it emerges from dormancy, it sends up a tall spotted stalk that is mostly burgundy in color. On our largest plant, the flower itself is about 30" tall, and the total plant height is over 60" tall. When the flower matures, it emits a terrible odor. Most people liken it to the smell of a dead animal (a large animal.) The scent is at its strongest for about three days. Later, the flower collapses and the plant appears to be dead. After two months of dormancy, the true leaves begin to emerge and the plant looks like a lovely, exotic plant that you can put on your patio and enjoy for many months until it dies down in autumn to return to dormancy.
You can read much about this plant on the internet.
We have three sizes of plants available now---$59.99, $99.99 and $129.99
Please call 262.639.2040 x151 or email us with questions!

4838 Douglas Ave
8717 Hwy 11
2009 Hours
Monday 9am-6pm
Tuesday 9am-6pm
Wednesday 9am-6pm
Thursday 9am-8pm
Friday 9am-6pm
Saturday 9am-6pm
Sunday 9:30am-5pm

This message was sent from Milaeger's, Inc. toIt was sent from: Milaeger's Inc., 4838 Douglas Ave , Racine, WI 53402. You can modify/update your subscription via the link below. Email Marketing Software

Manage your subscription
Web Bug from http://click.icptrack.com/icp/track.php?msgid=130927&act=QU4Q&r=695819&c=156047

Aroid-L mailing list