From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [mailto:aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of ExoticRainforest
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 11:53 AM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: [Aroid-l] Botanist Mike Madison

Does anyone on this forum have contact information for botanist Mike Madison?

I am trying without success to find a copy of Mike's A revision of Monstera (Araceae) (Harvard University. Gray Herbarium.  This journal appears to be completely out of print with none available even from used bookstores.  Since it's the only paper of its type I would like to ask Mike if he would permit the IAS to convert it to PDF format in order to make it available to aroid researchers.

The Internet is filled with bad information on Monstera species and I frequently receive mail from people wanting to know the name of the plant that at least appears to be a Monstera.  Were this information to be available many of these questions could be answered.

The best information I can find is that Mike is involved in farming somewhere in California.  If any of you have a copy you are willing to part with or have a contact e-mail or snail mail address please send me a private note at: Steve@ExoticRainforest.com

Thanks!

Steve
www.ExoticRainforest.com

begin:vcard