Re: AMORPHOPHALLUS PAEONIFOLIUS minimum blooming size

  • Subject: Re: AMORPHOPHALLUS PAEONIFOLIUS minimum blooming size
  • From: Michael Pascall <mickpascall@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 23:04:50 +1000

I had this 30 cm + tuber flower last year , also a few slightly smaller ones I dug up and left lying around flowered a few months ago .
Think I am going to be overtaken with these soon . Better start eating them . It took 2 years from a tiny 2cm tuber , but this was growing in ideal wet tropical conditions out in the garden with heaps of mulch and fowl manure , you should see it this year ! Its getting shaded out by a clump of bamboo , but this has made the stem to grow over 2m tall . LAst year most of the tubers had multiple stems and I got a great seed set .

Michael Pascall,