Re: Temperature requierements for Helicodiceros

Dear Christopher,

thanks for your input.

Your observation that Helicodiceros stops the growth until they get low temperatures would indicate a sort if cold requirement for the "normal" growth cycle.

It would be intersting to see what would happen if one of these plants would be shifted to a greenhouse where temperatures would not drop.

Maybe we get a reply by a fellow aroider who grows Helicodiceros (or tried to grow Helicodiceros) above 15 or 20 C° all year round.

Then there is still the question, if the species needs the low temperatures to induce flower development in a meristem. Or in other words, if it would never flower, if kept at high temperatures.

Happy growing,

Bernhard.