Hand pollinating Typhonium venosum

  • Subject: Hand pollinating Typhonium venosum
  • From: "E.Vincent Morano" <ironious2@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 13:28:10 -0800 (PST)

I collected some pollen from one of my Typhonium venosum ans have it stored in the refrigerator.  I have another Typhonium venosum that just flowered and I want to try and hand pollinate it. The wind blew it over and the spadix broke off so Im thinking I should just cut it open and try to pollinate it. Would that be the way to do it? Should I put the pollen on the large yellow globular things or on the part that will grow into berries?