Re: Holes

  • Subject: Re: Holes
  • From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:18:32 -0600

Title: Re: [Aroid-l] Holes
We just had a discussion about that very thing on the Facebook/Planet Aroid group.

One of the most popular opinions was that it allows more light to penetrate to the area beneath the plant or even to lower leaves on the same plant.

Just as a side note:  When I was a graduate student at Marquette University, one of the doctoral students did her thesis on what causes these “holes” or slits, and it was found to be differential cell death (just in case you’re ever on “Jeopardy”).

Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

mailto:llmen@wi.rr.com