Re: Philodendron warscewiczii

  • Subject: Re: Philodendron warscewiczii
  • From: Hannon <othonna@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:03:05 -0800

John,

As I understand the proper way to write cultivar names, these are both acceptable:

P. warscewiczii 'Flavum'
-or-
P. warscewiczii cv Flavum

If you use "cv" then don't use any quotes (always single quotes BTW) and vice versa. I think it is more common, by convention, to use single quotes and omit the cv. The cultivar name is always capitalized but never the specific epithet.

Dylan