Re: id of a very strange plant please

Nancy and Peter, thanks for your input and confirmation!

Steve, a friend in our www.amorphophallus-forum.de (translation button at the very end of forum page) saw my post here, too, and wrote that he got seeds from a friend from Texas recently.

http://plants.usda.gov/core/profile?symbol=ARER

The plant flowers as long as there is enough water; during droughts it survives as a tuber without leaves.

So I guess that seeds can be collected easily.

Note: All parts of plant are poisonous if ingested ( http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/133578/ )

Happy growing, Bernhard.

-----Original-Nachricht-----