Re: Amorphophallus bulbifer

Wilbert wrote:

>If you have a bulbifer that makes offsets, then you don't have a bulbifer!
>Then again, maybe I am in for a surprise here. Has your plant ever flowered?

Yes, last year; this is the plant that had been initially suspected to be
A.muelleri due to my misinterpretation of what a `root scar' was, and had
been diagnosed as A.bulbifer only after you saw the photos.

>Does the leaf produce bulblets annually?

Yes, very much so (last time: 17 bulblets).

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but I am reasonably sure that I
digging up the tuber and thinking "well, if I planted these funny things
from the
leaf wrong side up and they do not sprout, the tuber offsets seem to be
sure bets."

In fact, until recently, I thought that all  Amorphs produce tuber offsets,
and was displeased that A.ankarana did not (too small, I guess).

I'll just make sure to watch it really carefully this year.

Krzysztof Kozminski (remove # before replying)
"Applying computer technology is simply finding the right wrench to
 pound in the correct screw."