Re: Alocasia query

> California Shield
> Midnight
> New Guinea Shield
> Portadora

A. x portadora is a hybrid that I believe was done here in Florida. Dewey
Fisk and Dick Mansell will know more about it than I. I have it in the
yeard in a fairly bright spot, full sun at least four or five hours per
day and it seems to be doing fine. It has endured temperatures down to 45
degrees F since I have had it. It is large and has a "trunking" habit
similar to A. macrorrhiza. The plant stands at about 1.5 meters at the
moment. Leaves are about 0.5 meter long and erect, and dark green.

I believe Dick is growing this in his yard in Tampa where it can get
considerably colder that we do here in the sub tropics.