Re: Anthurium veitchii and Alocasia

In a message dated 2/1/1999 7:21:48 PM Eastern Standard Time, kk@netgate.net

> If this is really A.veitchii, then $20 is not too bad, since this species
>  does not seem to be available anywhere.  Re: Alocasia reversa, maybe you
>  should cont yourself lucky, since mine has rotted within a week, despite
>  being placed in the same environment as everything else from that
>  shipment.  A. sinuata croaked as well.
>  I am finding more and more that alocasias shipped in a non-dormant state
>  seem to expire at a much higher rate than anything else, unless they had
>  all foliage cut off before the shipment and are reasonably large to start
>  with.  Has anyone else had a similar disappointing experience?
i'm not too happy with the post office's handling of this and past shipments
(i have stories to tell...) but i'm not too excited about tropiflora's service
either.  however, they did promise me another A. reversa in about a month or
so.  i'm sorry to hear that you lost your plants, my sinuata is still doing

btw, the one they call white knight, does anyone know what species or hybrid
it is?  it's similar to sanderiana, i believe.

i guess i should consider myself lucky to get a veitchii for so cheap, i just
hope i don't kill it.

tsuh yang chen, nyc