Re: Dracontium spruceanum

Dear Mary Jane,

I've grown Dracontium spruceanum for a number of years and it has never gone
dormant under my greenhouse conditions---min. temp. 60deg F in winter.  At
present, it is in bloom and has 3 leaves in various stages of growth or
decline, and a new 4th leaf emerging!!  So, it's my guess that your tuber is
probably fine, but you could check it anyway.  My plant has been in a
condition exactly as what you describe and you'll probably soon see a new leaf
coming if the plant is kept warm.  I'd cut back slightly on the watering
though, until you see the new leaf.  Lovely plant!!!

Very best,
Lynn Hannon