Re: Name for Giraffe Knee

-----Original Message-----
From: Sampson <wiz@texas.net>
To: ju-bo@msn.com <ju-bo@msn.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 1999 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: Name for Giraffe Knee

>Anyone know the name of the aroid that is known by the Giraffe Knee?
I have just limited amounts of information that I have found available.
Thank you,
Lucy Sampson
San Antonio, Texas
wiz@texas.net
Wiz is my pet parrot, not any person in the house, in case you were
wondering
about this!<

My guess, based on the name you give, would be Gonatopus boivinii, as it has
a prominent 'knee' (geniculus) about half-way up the leaf stem (petiole).
It has a divided leaf blade and is tuberous, sometimes becomming a weed in
collections.
Send us a little more information and a brief discription of your 'Giraffe
Knee', or post a photo for a more precise I.D.
Good growing.
Julius
ju-bo@msn.com