Concerning my Dracontium spruceanum inflorescence, it was suggested that
it might be setting seed. I wondered how that might be possible since I
only have the one plant with the one flower (which has been flowering
for over a month now)

I was told *Look up "apomictic"* which I did.

I found ...

reproduction involving the specialized generative tissues but not
dependent on fertilization

Aroid-L archives refer to the term but do not explain it. Maybe it is
something everybody (but me) already knows.

Please, tell me more. Do all plants do this sometimes? Why sometimes and
not other times? Now I am curious.

MJ Hatfield