Albino Amorphophallus baby pix

--------------FBEBF096BE47DE5F48FBD373

I have posted a picure of my A. paeoniifolius seedlings  here .  Again,
can anyone advise me as to whether there is any hope for the albino
plant's survival once the seed is spent?  Is there any reasonable way to
nourish it?

In India, farmers grow hectares of this stuff, dig it up, and beat the
starch out of it.  In Pennsylvania, we keep it in a glass case and
agonize over the fate of a single defective seedling.

 - Walter Greenwood
University of Pittsburgh

--------------FBEBF096BE47DE5F48FBD373

<HTML>
I have posted a picure of my A. paeoniifolius seedlings&nbsp; <A HREF="http://rad.arad.upmc.edu/walter/interests/plants/aroids/albino.jpg">here</A>
.&nbsp; Again, can anyone advise me as to whether there is any hope for
the albino plant's survival once the seed is spent?&nbsp; Is there any
reasonable way to nourish it?

<P>In India, farmers grow hectares of this stuff, dig it up, and beat the
starch out of it.&nbsp; In Pennsylvania, we keep it in a glass case and
agonize over the fate of a single defective seedling.

<P>&nbsp;- Walter Greenwood
<BR>University of Pittsburgh
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>

--------------FBEBF096BE47DE5F48FBD373--