Re: The Typhonodorum lindleyanum seeds

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: The Typhonodorum lindleyanum seeds
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 17:19:42 -0600 (CST)

-----Original Message-----
From: brian williams <pugturd50@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Date: Saturday, January 06, 2001 11:59 AM
Subject: The Typhonodorum lindleyanum seeds

Hello Brian,

Happy New Year!   Have not heard from you in a while---how is the cold
treating you and the plants???
A tip w/ those Typhonodorum seeds, I floated them in plain pond/tap water
for a LONG time till most of the seed body was absorbed, as I found that
when I planted a seed in dirt with a lot of the 'body', before it was
absorbed by the developing plantlet, it tended to begin to rot then the
plantlet would die.

I am still looking for the following species of Anubias for my aquarium, saw
them in a Jap. book on aquarium plants, all three have arrow-shaped leaves--
A. gracilis,  A. pynaertii, and A. gigantea.   Let me know if you run into
any of these, or any with a sagittate leaf blade.

Talk to you soon,

>>Hello This is Brian Williams, I am on my stepbrothers computer. I did here
from my friend that the Typhonodorum lindleyanum seeds did come in and he is
germinating them for me. I would like to know who all would be interested in
trading or if friends of mine who would be interested in getting a few
seeds. I know off hand a few people but would like for everyone interested
to please send a message with your mailing address and information to

If interested in trades please send a list of what you have to trade.

Also these will not be sent out till the weather here warms up. It could be
awhile but i would like to get the list together a head of time.

I will post the week i will be shipping the plants out. Thanks

I Just got the seeds in most have started to sprout. I will be looking for a
nice week to send to friends and people interested in trade. Please send a
e-mail to me soon if interested in getting any seeds. THANKS

Make sure to send any messages to            Pugturd@aol.com<<<<