Re: Black Spathed Anthurium Hybrids

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Black Spathed Anthurium Hybrids
  • From: Betsytrips@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:17:14 -0600 (CST)

There is an anthurium out of Colombia that looks like a puckered beautiful
purple black andreanum. It does not like heat for sure. At the first sign of
summer around here it starts to suffer. I have seen this and grown it, and it
is absolutely beautiful. If it were not so bitchy about growing it might be
around. It is not low altitude like andreanum. It has to be a higher altitude
thing. I have seen it have flowers ten inches from tip to connection. I
actually have a baby in the greenhouse, but by the time it grows I may be
ancient myself. If one is interested in getting these, I may beable to
arrange such from a South American dealer. Just let me know. They will not be
cheap because they are imported several times around by the time they come
in.

Dream on ......

Betsy