RE: unidentified Arum?

This sounds like a Typhonium. Can you give a descritpion of the leaf? Were
there thread-like or small club-shaped organs between the female zone (base)
and the male zone (usually a yellowish-orangish collar higher up the spadix
but below the appendix)?

Did you make any photographs that could be emailed as scans?